Born in 1985, Udine (Italy)
|I am born and raised Italian with Croatian influence, and I feel European more than anything else. Aside from chemistry, I enjoy traveling and electronic music, two reasons why I currently live happily in Germany. I was a singer and rhythmic guitarist in a rock’n’roll band. I am punctually performing as house music DJ / producer since 2004. I am learning to cook vegetarian Thai recipes. I have a weak spot for (instant) Ramen. And pizza of course. I am looking forward to enjoy nature more than in the past.|
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Postdoctorate Fellow “Protein Nanohybrids” in the group of Dr Guillaume Delaittre at the Institute of Toxicology and Genetics within the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Karlsruhe, Germany.
01/2014 – 01/2018
Doctoral Student “Smart Nanogel Architectures for Anticancer Therapy and Their Interactions with Blood Proteins” in the Junior Group of Prof Dr Marcelo Calderón at the Institute of Organic Chemistry within the Freie Universität Berlin, Berlin, Germany.
10/2010 – 07/2013
Master of Science in Chemistry “Determining the Mechanism of the Reactivity of a Novel Heterodinuclear bis-μ-oxo NiIII CuIII Complex with Phenols“ under supervision of Prof Kallol Ray, Department of Chemistry, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Germany, curricular studies were conducted at the Freie Universität Berlin, Germany.
10/2004 – 08/2007
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry “Thermochemical assessment of carbon nanotube – grafted polyethylene materials” under supervision of Prof. Carla Marega, Department of Chemical Sciences, Università di Padova, Italy
Secondary school examination (Maturità scientifica), Liceo Scientifico G. Marinelli, Udine, Italy
|2014||Helmholtz Virtual Institute “Multifunctional Biomaterials for Medicine” Scholarship for Doctoral Studies.|
ORIGINAL PEER-REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
8. Protein Corona Formation on Colloidal Polymeric Nanoparticles and Polymeric Nanogels: Impact on Cellular Uptake, Toxicity, Immunogenicity, and Drug Release Properties
K. Obst, G. Yealland, B. Balzus, E. Miceli, M. Dimde, C. Weise, M. Eravci, R. Bodmeier, R. Haag, M. Calderón, N. Charbaji, S. Hedtrich Biomacromolecules 2017, 18, 1762–1771.
7. Interactions of organic nanoparticles with proteins in physiological conditions
E. Miceli, M. Kar, M. Calderón J. Mat. Chem. B, 2017, 5, 4393–4405.
6. Rational design of dendritic thermoresponsive nanogels that undergo phase transition on endolysosomal conditions
G.N. Rimondino,† E. Miceli,† M. Molina, S. Thierbach, E. Rühl, M. Strumia, M. Martinelli, M. Calderón J. Mat. Chem. B 2017, 5, 866–874.
5. Overcoming drug resistance with on-demand charged thermoresponsive dendritic nanogels
M. Molina, S. Wedepohl, E. Miceli, M. Calderón Nanomedicine 2017, 12, 117–129.
4. Stimuli-responsive nanogel composites and their application in nanomedicine
M. Molina, M. Asadian-Birjand, J. Balach, J. Bergueiro, E. Miceli, M. Calderón Chem Rev. 2015, 44, 6161–6186.
3. Mechanism of phenol oxidation by heterodinuclear Ni Cu bis(μ-oxo) complexes involving nucleophilic oxo groups
S. Kundu,† E. Miceli,† E. R. Farquhar, K. Ray Dalton Trans. 2014, 43, 4264–4267.
2. A high-valent heterobimetallic [CuIII(μ-O)2NiIII]2+ core with nucleophilic oxo groups
S. Kundu, F. F. Pfaff, E. Miceli, I. Zaharieva, C. Herwig, S. Yao, E. R. Farquhar, U. Kuhlmann, E. Bill, P. Hildebrandt, H. Dau, M. Driess, C. Limberg, K. Ray Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 125, 5732–5736.
1. Lewis acid trapping of an elusive copper-tosylnitrene intermediate using scandium triflate
S. Kundu, E. Miceli, E. R. Farquhar, F. F. Pfaff, U. Kuhlmann, P. Hildebrandt, B. Braun, C. Greco, K. Ray J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2012, 134, 14710–14713.
Last update: February 16, 2018